Techcrunch update : New theme and Irrelevant ads.

 Well, it’s about time techcrunch got a few modifications to their theme which makes it look like a whole new theme which is so much better then what they had before, along this new theme they added a new header ad which (for the first time I’ve ever seen) shows irrelevant ads (screenshot below, look in the header area), this type of ad is seen often in adsense, it’s possible they are using one of those new ad companies that combine alot of ad networks and give you just one code to paste into your themes, so that you can have the full blown effect of every network you chose on their site, therefore showing the most relevant ad on your site, in my opinion that so called targeting is just a rotating banner, I tried a company like this called Pubmatic, I was not impressed, or moderately satisfied.


If you are going to get into an ad network, make sure that they do not show irrelevant ads at all, after you reach a certain level of fame, you’ll have emails coming from every direction, trying to get you to join their ad network, some might even give you some kind of reward before you even start earning, if the ads aren’t relevant you won’t make much anyway, think before you chose ad networks for your blog/site.


P.s.


I know that I use adsense that shows irrelevant ads 30% of the time you visit this blog, I’m fully aware of that, the only reason I use adsense here is for research purposes only, I need some stats on blogs using adsense on the blog, profitable or not, so far it’s a definite not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auto Approve Blog Comments Sites

Triple.com : Affiliate Program - Review

Three Scalable Ways to Monetize Your Fitness Knowledge