Javier - Mr.Javo.com : Blogger Interviews

 Well first of all, thank you Ahson for interviewing me. My name is Javier but everybody call me Javo. Besides study Telecommunication’s Engineering, I blog at Mr. Javo dot Com, where I share online marketing information and blogging resources. I like to make money online and I help to other bloggers to explode their potential.

How did you get started?

The past year I was learning about blogging and internet marketing when I decided to create my own blog. I felt that I had many information to share about this topics and then I create a blog at Blogspot. In the next months, I decided to get my own self hosted blog because Blogspot became useless for me.


That’s how Mr. Javo dot Com was born.


Do you run your blog under any “Media” type site? Like I run mine under the control of Gurilla.net

No


How long have you been blogging?

Well, I started my blogspot on September 2007, but I get my own domain on January 2008. So, I can say that I have been blogging since 11 months ago.


Whats your strategy with your blog in general?

To be honest with my readers and take care about them, reply their comments and make them feel important in my blog.


How do you get rss readers?

They come by themselves, but I suppose they come through my comments in other blogs, interviews like this one, reviews etc… I offer a full RSS feed which you can get all my blogging tips directly in your rss reader or inbox.


Do you give out freebies?

Of course I do, I’m constantly sponsoring prizes on contests held by other bloggers.


Whats your opinion about the importance of PR in a blog’s life?

Certainly the pagerank is important, but it’s not too much. The PR gives you a hint of how popular or how many backlinks a blog has, but there are plenty of blogs out there underscored by Google, including mine. I think Alexa’s rank it’s more important.


Do you consider the top100 list at 45n5.com as authoritative?

Yes I think the rank provided by Mark is such an accurate way to determine which are the blogs that make a good money online.


Any thoughts on my post on Blogs are not the authority, the Bloggers are?

Absolutely, the people read a blog to learn about the blogger, the posts are just a materialization of the blogger’s ideas.


Would you sell out your blog at some point?

Mmmm I don’t want to sell it but if I have not time to maintain it and keep it up, may be I decide to sell it, but it will depend of the circumstances. However, I think that a blog has a personality, if the owner change the blog will be something completely different.


Do you think people should sponsor wordpress themes?

No, I don’t think so.


What’s your take on sponsored reviews?

I think sponsored reviews are a good way to get money by writing articles. Although, you need to be careful about how often do you write a sponsored review. If you write one of them too frequently you could start losing readers. However, it’s perfectly for the advertiser who can get potential costumers by this method.


What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

His experiences. I think a blogger who share with his readers the experiences he had with a network or product get more credibility on what he does. This way, when something is new on internet; a network, a business or a tool, the readers will be expecting for this thoughts about it.


Did Aweber play a vital role in your growth?

I haven’t used Aweber. Although it is an excellent service which I would like to implement in a future.


Did you ever consider selling links to those underground link sellers, you know, the ones that mail you and ask you to sell in-content links and pay per year.

No. Besides my private sold links, I have sold links only through TLA.


Did you ever get an offer of selling your blog out of the blue, if so how did you react to it?

No, I have never received an offer for my blog.


What are your thoughs on my free wordpress themes here, be as blunt as you can.

I was looking on them, and I have to say that they look pretty good. I mean, they couldn’t be the best wordpress theme but they are a good free choice, considering that some of them are ready to display ads.


Overall what do you think of blueverse, once again be as blunt as offensive as you can.

Without doubts Blueverse seems to be a good blog, starting with that awesome Alexa rank. I think you offer good resources to the people who visit your blog, continue doing your job.


Any tips for my readers?

If you want to be successful with your blog you need to be persistent on what you do. It’s very imporant to learn from your mistakes and to use that acquired knowledge to improve your business in the future.


You can track all the blogging reviews under the Bloggers category or the Blogger Interviews tag.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Triple.com : Affiliate Program - Review

Auto Approve Blog Comments Sites

Three Scalable Ways to Monetize Your Fitness Knowledge