Daniel Socco : DailyBlogTips.com - Blogger Interviews

 Interviewing Daniel Socco from Daily Blog Tips


Daily Blog Tips


Brief Intro about yourself?

24 years old, trying to make a living online.


How did you get started?

I started some blogs as a hobby, and once they started growing I realized the potential of the web.


Do you run your blog under any “Media” type site? Like I run mine under the control of Gurilla.net

No.


How long have you been blogging?

I started late in 2005.


Whats your strategy with your blog in general?

Focus on the content, make it useful and unique.


How do you get rss readers?

Focusing on the content and making sure visitors notice my RSS icons.


Could you tell me, in as many words as you can, what made you stand out in blogging?

Not that I consider myself to be a popular blogger (folks like Darren Rowse or John Chow are), but I guess it was the original content that I always tried to put out.


Do you give out freebies?

Occasionally, when other people offer them to my readers.


Whats your opinion about the importance of PR in a blog’s life?

You don’t need to worry about it.


Do you consider the top100 list at 45n5.com as authoritative?

Fairly authoritative. Lately they are losing a bit of trust though, as they continue to use Alexa as a measure of traffic (and in my opinion Alexa is completely useless these days).


Any thoughts on my post on Blogs are not the authority, the Bloggers are?

Sorry, haven’t read it.


Would you sell out your blog at some point?

If the price was right I could consider it.


Do you think people should sponsor wordpress themes?

It is up to them.


What’s your take on sponsored reviews?

If they are done with transparency and disclosure, they are fine.


What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

Valuable content.


Did Aweber play a vital role in your growth?

Never used it till today.


Do you think Pagerank plays a vital role in a blog’s life?

Nope.


Could you give me a statement for everyone using the feedburner hack here:

Ignore it. Those kind of hacks and fake stats are not worth anyone’s time.


What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?

If you prioritize your content, you automatically are going to prioritize readers and traffic. They all go together.


Did you ever consider selling links to those underground link sellers, you know, the ones that mail you and ask you to sell in-content links and pay per year.

Nope.


Did you ever get an offer of selling your blog out of the blue, if so how did you react to it?

Yes, but the price was too low so I just turned it down.


What are your thoughts on my free wordpress themes here, be as blunt as you can.

They look good.


Overall what do you think of blueverse, once again be as blunt as offensive as you can.

Honestly I had not heard too much about it in the past. But lately I am seeing people mentioning it more often. Looks like you are doing something right.


Any tips for my readers?

Follow your passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auto Approve Blog Comments Sites

Triple.com : Affiliate Program - Review

Three Scalable Ways to Monetize Your Fitness Knowledge